Friday, January 24, 2014

Playing at Home

Ok, before I get started on the blogging, I have my resolution this year to BLOG MORE!  I previously have only blogged about big topics, but I need to focus more on the daily shabang of life and document all of these awesome moments with my girls.  Facebook less, blog more.  

Oy, these snow days have been killer.  

I remember before I had kids thinking my sister was the SAHM (Stay-at-home-mom) genius.  (Yes Jen -- start bragging now!)  She always had something fun to do with the kids, was always keeping busy. . . she had it mastered in just a few months.  Thank GOD I had her after I had B, because she definitely taught me how to do it!  Despite the fact that my daughter couldn't walk, talk, crawl, speak. . . much of anything. . . you bet I climbed on board whenever they took a trip.  Even if it was just to Target.  Staying home day in and day out is tedious.  

I've come to the point that staying home 2 or 3 days in a row pretty much never happens.  I have to leave the house almost every day.  Which in turn has created a few monsters, because the girls are usually always wanting to know what we are doing and when we are leaving.  I'm more of a leave-the-home mom than a SAHM.

BUT Ohhhh my Lord are these crazy winter days killing us!  More snow than I ever remember having and sooo bitterly cold that even *I* don't want to leave the house.  So we go a little stir crazy.  But keep busy.  PlayDoh.  Painting.  Plays.  Dress Up.  Toys.  Baths.  Forts.  And some craziness in between.
Daddy loves that I brought the slide indoors :)  But S loves it!

PlayDoh is my best friend and worst enemy.  OMG it's so freekin' messy!
  Take a bow!!


  B was so proud, she learned to spell her name and mastered her S's today!!


 Shas Dad's fix-it, mechanical, how-does-it-work, lets-put-it-together genes.  She gets so serious when she's concentrating!!

 Cat faces with the bath markers :)  Ever since her trip with Aunt Casey, she's been painting herself like a cat whenever she can!
 Sister love!
 Ummmm I love those toes!

 Bringing the snow inside!!
 Hot cocoa and popcorn are becoming a little too regular :/
B has always enjoyed floor time, but S is a wrestle MONSTER.  She goes crazy when anyone gets down on the floor to play with her, she's all over it!

No comments:

Post a Comment