Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Color Mixing and Making Messes

A friend of ours just posted recently an activity she did with her two kids using a plastic bag and paints -- it looked like so much fun, so I had to try!  I was mostly interested in it because it was mess-free and would save me the trouble of a major clean up. . . but then the girls kept begging me to paint on paper so I broke down and brought out the supplies.  30 min later, Isabelle painted cat whiskers on her face and I learned that Melissa and Doug paints are NOT very washable.  She now has a beautifully green-tinted face.  :/  But I digress. . .

This week B has been very inquisitive about colors.  This little girl never ceases to amaze me.  So daily; "Red and blue make what?"  "What do yellow and red make?"  "What about Yellow and Blue?"  She's pretty good and knows them all pretty well and gets the primary colors, but now that she knows which are mixes, it's, "What if you mix purple and red?  What then?"  She's always thinking!
 Start with just paint in a ziplock baggie.  Make sure it's well sealed!
 Tape it over a white piece of paper and let them go to town :)




 Bed head baby!!!
 Our friend (thaks Sarah!) also mentioned you could put it on a window, so we tried that too :)

 Then B discovered she could move it anywhere, and that was her new game.

 B just recently started showing interest in painting, coloring, etc.  S has loved it from Day 1.  She gets soooooo serious when she's working on a master piece.

 . . . starting to get messy. . . .


The face painting began shortly after this shot :)  Mom turns her back for 30 seconds.  . . There was also paint on her belly, her legs, hands, and arms, so rather than take pictures I just ran them both up for a bath!  Sometimes I think they just want an excuse to take a bath!!

No comments:

Post a Comment