Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Cardboard Pirate Ship

B is SOMEHOW turning 4 tomorrow!  I'm in denial.  Sometimes, it feels like she was just born yesterday.  And then I think about when she was a baby. . . how different life was back then. . . and it seems like it was such a long time ago.  We're prepping for her 4th birthday party, which she decided she wanted to be "Jake and the Neverland Pirates" about 11 months ago just shortly after her LAST birthday party. . . The anticipation for this day has been a long-time coming!

Yesterday I started the construction on her Buckey ship for the kids to play in at the party.  Ohhhh my was my house a disaster yesterday!  Between all of the scraps of cardboard plus the chaos I created trying to keep the girls occupied while I works (coloring, play-doh, dress-up, books, and so on) my house looked like a battle zone.  It's almost done -- stay tuned for pictures from the party!









 Buckey is (basically) complete!  spy glass, slide, anchor, steering wheel and all!
 The rope runs into the inside where the kids can raise and lower the anchor

No comments:

Post a Comment